- 1 Types of Best Kettlebell Exercises
- 1.1 Kettlebell Swing Kettlebell Exercises
- 1.2 Kettlebell Goblet Squat Kettlebell Exercises
- 1.3 Kettlebell Turkish Get-up Kettlebell Exercises
- 1.4 Kettlebell Clean Kettlebell Exercises
- 1.5 Kettlebell Strict Press Kettlebell Exercises
- 1.6 Kettlebell Snatch Kettlebell Exercises
- 1.7 Kettlebell Windmill Kettlebell Exercises
- 1.8 Kettlebell Deadlifts Kettlebell Exercises
- 1.9 Kettlebell Suitcase Lunges Kettlebell Exercises
- 1.10 Kettlebell Hand to Hand Swings Kettlebell Exercises
- 1.11 Kettlebell Box Step Ups Kettlebell Exercises
- 1.12 Kettlebell Flutter Kicks Kettlebell Exercises
A kettlebell looks like a cannonball of cast-iron with a handle on the top of it. It is not a new type of workout. You get kettlebells in different weights for kettlebell exercises.
Kettlebells are not always used in the right way. You need proper training to get maximum benefit from this workout. You can do shoulder presses, push-ups, lifts, squats, crunches, and lunges.
The intensity of a kettlebell workout is very high. This workout offers you a lot of flexibility. A kettlebell workout helps you to burn 20 calories in a minute. It burns up to 400 calories in 20 minutes.
This equals to running a mile in 6 minutes. The kettlebell exercise is more comfortable than the dumbbell exercise. This is because of its more natural plane of motion.
Types of Best Kettlebell Exercises
- Kettlebell Swing Kettlebell Exercises
This workout is very effective. You have to swing your kettlebell to your shoulder length. The breathing technique, hip hinging, and hip power make this workout powerful. This is a two-in-one workout. It includes cardio and strength training in one exercise. A kettlebell swing workout represents a high level of cardio exercises. It also stands for full-body power.
Benefits of Kettlebell Swing Kettlebell Exercises
- It strengthens your muscle
- It controls diabetes
- It increases your endurance
- It increases your ability to balance
- It reduces back pain
- You get healthier lungs
- It also helps you to lose body fat.
- Kettlebell Goblet Squat Kettlebell Exercises
It is not only a leg exercise. The Goblet squat is a full-body movement workout. This squat is the same as your regular squat. The barbell squat is the king of squats but goblet squat is also a good exercise. This is one of the easiest exercises in the kettlebell range of exercises. It is also faster to learn.
Benefits of Kettlebell Goblet Squat:
- This works on your glutes, calves, quads, arms, and the entire core
- It also improves your grip strength
- It improves your squatting movement
- It also strengthens and develops your legs
- Kettlebell Turkish Get-up Kettlebell Exercises
The Turkish get-up is a deliberate and slow movement workout. This workout needs skilled movement, mobility, and strength. You start your workout by lying on the floor, then stand up and go back on the floor by holding on to the kettlebell.
Benefits of Kettlebell Turkish Get-up:
- It builds your strength.
- Increases core stability
- Improves mobility
- Improves flexibility
- It activates glutes
- It strengthens all the areas of your body by preventing injuries.
- Kettlebell Clean Kettlebell Exercises
Kettlebell clean is like the kettlebell swing workout. You need to grasp the kettlebell resting on the floor and take the kettlebell up to your shoulder. You can start with lighter weights kettlebells. Once you master it, you can increase the weight of the kettlebell. You need time to learn this exercise.
Benefits of Kettlebell Clean:
- This workout helps to improve total body strength and conditioning.
- Kettlebell clean works on back muscles, glutes, and hamstrings
- It works on the quadriceps, abdomen, and hip flexors
- Kettlebell Strict Press Kettlebell Exercises
Strict-Press looks like an overhead press. It is not a shoulder exercise. This exercise uses your whole body. It presses the most strength and power. In this Strict press exercise, you feel you have more strength to press without much effort. Strict press exercise is difficult to do with a dumbbell but it is easier to do with a kettlebell.
Benefits of Kettlebell Strict Press:
- It improves your overhead strength
- Improves the alignment of your body
- It conditions your upper body and shoulders
- Increases cardio fitness
- It activates most of the muscles of your body
- Kettlebell Snatch Kettlebell Exercises
It is a full-body power exercise. Kettlebell snatch starts with holding the weight in a lower position. The weight is then propelled above your head. This exercise is more technical and demanding.
The Kettlebell snatch offers you conditioning benefits and full-body strength. It gives you powerful shoulders. It also helps you to build explosive strength.
You need to know the proper technique of kettlebell snatch. Attempt it after you have grasped the kettlebell swing and kettlebell clean.
Benefits of Kettlebell Snatch:
- It helps you to burn fat.
- It improves mobility.
- It increases metabolic responses.
- Builds quick muscle response and speed
- Aerobic activity improves the circulatory system.
- It strengthens your shoulder and stability.
- Kettlebell Windmill Kettlebell Exercises
Kettlebell windmill exercise works on the whole body. It improves stability and strength in the sides of the torso, shoulders, and glutes.
The exercise helps in Strength Training, Bootcamp-style workout, and Cross-fit Workout. Kettlebell Windmill is an advanced exercise. People with a good extent of flexibility, stability, and strength perform this exercise.
Benefits of Kettlebell Windmill:
- Stabilizes your shoulder
- It decreases your back pain
- It helps you in Glute activation
- It strengthens and improves the muscles of the core
- It improves flexibility in the hips and Hamstrings
- Kettlebell Deadlifts Kettlebell Exercises
While doing a kettlebell deadlift, you can use a heavy kettlebell. You do not need to bend your elbows at all in this exercise. You are only using your glutes while doing this exercise.
In the human body, the glutes are the strongest muscles. A kettlebell deadlift almost works on your whole body.
Benefits of Kettlebell Deadlifts:
- It increases your stamina and endurance
- It improves your circulatory system
- It works on your butt
- It strengthens the back of your legs
- It also works on your core
- Kettlebell Suitcase Lunges Kettlebell Exercises
While doing this exercise, do not swing the kettlebell. Keep your kettlebell stable at your side as you keep your suitcases. Do not swing your Kettlebell during this exercise. You can lose your control, and there are chances of hurting your back.
Benefits of Kettlebell Suitcase Lunges:
- Even this exercise works on your legs and butt
- It helps you to build the strength of your body
- It improves your grip strength
- It helps you to build good posture
- It helps you to build a stronger core
- It improves your shoulder stability
- Kettlebell Hand to Hand Swings Kettlebell Exercises
In this exercise, you need to use light weights because you use only one hand. You start your exercise by holding the kettlebell in one hand and then switch hands at the top. Switching the kettlebell from one hand to the other is difficult. But it helps to improve stability.
Benefits of Kettlebell Hand to Hand Swings:
- It helps you to burn fat
- It conditions your full body
- It also works as strength training
- It improves your balance and posture
- It improves your grip strength
- Kettlebell Box Step Ups Kettlebell Exercises
In Kettlebell box setups, you need to use only one leg to step up. This causes instability in your body. To keep your body stable, you need to use your abs. For this exercise, you need to bend your knee 90 degrees. To step up, you need a bench, chair, or a step. This exercise creates less stress on the knee.
Benefits of Kettlebell Box Step Ups:
- This works on your quads. Building quads helps you to protect your knees
- It helps to build strength in the quadriceps muscle of the front thigh
- It also works on hamstrings and glutes
- It improves your proprioception, stabilization, and balance
- It also works on your butt and core
- Kettlebell Flutter Kicks Kettlebell Exercises
While doing this exercise, you need to hold the kettlebell above your head. Your lower back should be flat on the ground, and you should keep your core tight. Then flutter-kick your feet by raising your legs a few inches from the ground. You can make your exercise difficult by keeping the kettlebell a little behind your head.
Benefits of Kettlebell Flutter Kicks:
- It helps to improve core muscles
- It works on your hamstrings, glutes, and quads
- It strengthens your hip flexor muscles
The above are some of the main beneficial kettlebell exercises for all groups. With proper training, you can do this exercise with success.